CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 7, 2008

More sunday detail

Here is my Julie detail.   When we arrived at the hotel, we were too early to check in so we had to leave our bags and walk about.   You can see the Camp nou from the front of the hotel, about a half a block away.  As you know Europe is very dirty and everyone smokes 4 cig's at a time.  I am still trying to ignore those 2 facts when we are out.  So we walked aound the outside of the stadium and saw their training pitch and the dormotory for the barca players that dated back to the early 1900's.  Those were 2 of the pics I uploaded.  Ques? Should I put this much detail into my blog?  Anyway, moving on, As we continued around the stadium we were allowed thru the front gates to wander and take pics of the front.  There is a glass fascade around the front that has the last name of any player to ever play for barca etched into it.  I was looking for Johan Cruyff but couldnt find it.  Meanhile a crowd was gathering as players drove into a underground garage.  We saw Rafa Marques, Thierry Henry, Bojan Krcic and a few others.  All drove range rovers and Audi's.  They were all polite and smiled and waved.  From there we went to the barca megastore, good name for it.  Should of called it "you're not leaving for less that a grand".  Not catchy of a name though.  I bought official captains armbands with the crest on them for the 97's.  I bought a new beanie and a barca Tye for church.  This store was 2  levels  and had everything from barca underear to toilet paper to cleats to jerseys to awesome clothes.  It was impressive.  Hard not to buy any more, because they have cool clothes not available in the states.  As we were leaving there a fan from Polska  was watching were he was walking and walked into a giant plate glass wall, which was right next to the exit.  Needless to say after we found out he was ok, we busted a stich laughing.  So we looked at another dirt pitch that their academy teams recently trained on until getting upgraded to a new 80M facility.  (insert jeffersons theme song now)    That is where we will be training.  So we started heading back.  On our way back we saw the first team was coming out onto the training pitch we had walked by earlier.  That is the photo with them jogging in orange.  Their warm up jog was 4 to 5 laps, sorry girls.  I got to watch the keeper traing.  It was cool.   It was all stuff dwayne, my old keeper coach from the U of R taught me.  It was just a high level of skill and speed.  Manny was whinning much louded at this point about wanting to check in to our rooms.  I think his cologne was wearing off and knew our eyes would stop stinging and we would see who his true identity is.  On the way back, both Eddie and Greg decided that Manny and I shouldn't room together.  It was something about world war 3.   Otherwise we got back to the hotel room and managed to order food and exchanged some $ to Euros.  Needless to say,  I was exhausted So I blogged and went to bed.  I am still pretty tired from the surgery, so the fact that I was up for 40 hours wasn't weighing well on me.  So they went out and I went to sleep.  I slept for 4 hours until I woke up and couldn't sleep and so I am writing this.  Hope you enjoyed.  Just took a sleeping pill, so I am out.

3 comments:

alicia mills photography said...

hey coach josh how is it? i hope you are having a good time. you lucky duck. ill miss you at practice. have a great rest af the time.
- shelby mills - #5

Coach Josh Pulliam said...

Shelby,
We are having a awesome time. Thanks for the note. Have a great time at training this week. I'll put some new pics on everyday so check back for more soccer pics.
Thanks,
Coach

Cassidy said...

hey Josh-
I am glad to hear you are having a great trip with all the coaches in spain. My aunt went to spain on her mission and has some cool stuff for you to see and good food to eat. first, eat some churros con chocolate and see gaudi's art and statues.lastly she said that you need walk the rampla, there is an fountain to drink from. it is legend that if do you will have good luck to return. It is a cool walk with good shoping and entertainers. i hope you have a great experance and trip and i really will miss you. See in 6 days!

Frosty :)